South Africa is currently in a lock-down, which will be in place until the 17th of April. During this time shops selling essential items such as; food, water, medicine etc. are the only businesses authorised to make use of delivery services. This means we - at Lily - cannot deliver any online orders until the lock-down is over. However, our online store will remain open and we cannot thank you enough for your support during this time. To reiterate, all online orders will be sent out for delivery on the 17th of April, or once the lock-down has been lifted in South Africa.
Please note, we have received statements from our various courier services, such as; Dawn Wing, The Courier Guy and Courier It for local distribution and FedEx; our international distributors. These organisations have assured us they are taking every precautionary measure to keep their staff and you - our customer - safe. We would like to highlight the WHO statement indicating the near zero likelihood of contracting the virus from a mailed package, this makes the use of online portals the safest way to shop at the moment, preserving our combined social responsibility to self-isolate in these trying times.
Why buy from Lily? Well here are a few reasons that make us that little bit different...
1. Our trimmings are custom (and locally) made, hypoallergenic and nickel-free. So you won't experience any hot metal on your skin and they won't tarnish over time.
2. We spend up to SIX MONTHS perfecting our designs before they go into production. That means we are not happy until the final product is perfect!
3. We actually design with your body in mind, no two bodies are the same and that should be celebrated. Our designs enhance your favourite assets and you feel good when wearing them. We really do care about your shape and wonderful curves!
4. We think about the future, not just the present. We have made the switch to ECONYL ®, see our Earth Angel Collection here.
5. Our packaging is reusable and recyclable. Plus, every customer receives a beautiful custom-made linen bag with their online order.
6. Our fabrics are tested rigorously in the EU. The fabric itself is made in Italy and we double-layer it. It is; pilling resistant, UV protective (UPF 50+), ultra-chlorine resistant, offers two-way stretch and is resistant to sun cream and oils.
7. We employ local women in Cape Town to manufacture our swimwear, thus creating and maintaining much needed local jobs.
And lastly what we feel really makes us different is; our integrity, our sense of responsibility and accountability, being non-complicit in mass-production or unethical production - Lily is LOCALLY MADE with ♡.
Lily swimwear is designed and made ethically in Cape Town, South Africa. We are a proudly South African brand.
Our swimwear is manufactured by a combination of hand and machine work by the loveliest South African women.
We ship all over the world from as little as R99/$7/€6! Delivery is R49 anywhere in Cape Town and the rest of South Africa will cost R99 (major cities) - every local (SA) order qualifies for next day delivery and in some cases, same day delivery! International orders are shipped via FedEx and take approximately 2-5 working days. If you need your order faster than that, let us know and we will do our best to get your package to you ASAP. We would also gladly arrange a collection for you (Cape Town only) instead of delivery.
Qualify for FREE local and international delivery when you spend R1000/$100/€100 or more!
Come try it on! Our beautiful studio is based in Cape Town. If you would like to visit, send us a mail. We would love to have you!
Have a query? FAQ or email